The Time We Saved a Kitten’s Life in Barbados

When I took this photo in an alley in Holetown, I had no idea there was a tortoise in it!

A year had passed since I had returned from that trip in Dubai where absolutely everything went wrong.

Fuelled by the cat-saga which I experienced in Dubai, I had become obsessed with photographing cats. My parents couldn’t keep my hands off their snazzy Sony digital camera so for my birthday they gave me the best gift – my own bright pink Sony Cybershot digital camera!

I loved it. It was the newer model of their camera so was actually even better.

There was no stopping me now.

My weekends and evenings after school were spent snapping away with my camera. I started off by bothering my own felines with my continuous camera snaps but soon graduated to taking photos of every single cat I saw whilst on regular walks round my local area.

Sure, I was weird and different, unlike any other 13 year olds, but I was having the time of my life.

When the Easter holidays finally arrived, I couldn’t wait to hop on a plane and take my camera with me to the Caribbean.

Our home for the next 10 days was a beautiful private villa within a complex called ‘Sugar Hill’ on the island of Barbados.

The estate was across the road from the platinum coastline and perched on a hill with beautiful views of the turquoise ocean.

Unlock Full Post by Becoming a Patreon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 6 Best Viewpoints in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland (and How to Find Them!)

Hobgoblin’s Playground – a Rocky Wonderland in Nevada Desert, USA

How to Choose a Riad in Marrakech